5 Steps to Building a Fluid and Crystallized Intelligence in Business and Life …
1. You set a goal, become motivated and begin to explore a new concept or skill. A new neuron is formed through a process called neurogenesis.
2. You see, hear, think, and talk about the new concept, and make connections to things you already know.
3. You practice over and over and pay attention to your mistakes. You think deeply about this new concept, focus on the parts that are hard for you, and don’t take any shortcuts. Dendrites grow like branches and reach out for other neurons.
4. You test yourself on the new concept and apply your knowledge to unique situations. You push yourself to see how much you can learn, and explain the concept to other people. The dendrites continue to grow more branches, and the signals between them fire more quickly to other dendrites.
5. You find that some parts that once seemed hard are a little easier, but you continue to push yourself on to the next challenge and learn from your mistakes. With more practice, your dendrites continue to grow. The network of neurons becomes more efficient and powerful, making the brain denser and smarter than it was before.
Discover the best Richtopian articles from leading contributors, delivered straight to your inbox weekly.
Enjoying the Read?
Get our next article straight to your inbox!