Work in process, work in progress, (WIP) goods in process, or in-process inventory are a company’s partially finished goods waiting for completion and eventual sale or the value of these items. These items are either just being fabricated or waiting for further processing in a queue or a buffer storage. The term is used in production and supply chain management. Optimal production management aims to minimize work in process.
- 3,026,015 all-time readers
- 5 Business Lessons From the "Corporate Scapegoat" Who Lost Five-Billion Euros
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- Workplace Culture: How to Encourage Collaboration
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- Grant Cardone Shares His Principles for Life & Success (Exclusive Q&A Interview)
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?