The White House is the official residence and principal workplace of the President of the United States, located at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue Northwest, Washington, D.C.. It has been the residence of every U.S. president since John Adams in 1800. The house was designed by Irish-born James Hoban, and built between 1792 and 1800 of white-painted Aquia Creek sandstone in the Neoclassical style.
The Richtopian Vision
- 5 Business Lessons From the "Corporate Scapegoat" Who Lost Five-Billion Euros
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- Workplace Culture: How to Encourage Collaboration
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- Great British Pound Notes & People Who've Appeared On Them ...
- 3 Reasons You Should Buy Gold (And 3 Reasons You Shouldn't)
- What Do the Super-Rich Spend Their Money On? (Infographic Included)
- Analytical Thinking: 8 Natural Talents Leading to Action
- Five Fundamental Principles From Adam Grant's "Give and Take" Book
Women in Leadership
Join Our Newsletter
- 3,037,042 all-time readers