In finance, valuation is the process of estimating what something is worth. Items that are usually valued are a financial asset or liability. Valuations can be done on assets or on liabilities (e.g. , bonds issued by a company). Valuations are needed for many reasons such as investment analysis, capital budgeting, merger and acquisition transactions, financial reporting, taxable events to determine the proper tax liability, and in litigation.
You may also like
About the author
Information to enrich your life.
WELCOME TO RICHTOPIA
- 2,429,697 all-time users
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- Africa Exclusive: Property Investment in Lagos, Nigeria
- Review of the 6 Major Blockchain Protocols
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- 7 Wealth Habits of the World’s Richest People
- Five Fundamental Principles From Adam Grant's "Give and Take" Book
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- Workplace Culture: How to Encourage Collaboration
- Top 20 Blockchain Books & Whitepapers