In finance, valuation is the process of estimating what something is worth. Items that are usually valued are a financial asset or liability. Valuations can be done on assets or on liabilities (e.g. , bonds issued by a company). Valuations are needed for many reasons such as investment analysis, capital budgeting, merger and acquisition transactions, financial reporting, taxable events to determine the proper tax liability, and in litigation.
You may also like
About the author
Information to enrich your life.
WELCOME TO RICHTOPIA
- 2,461,098 all-time users
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- Africa Exclusive: Property Investment in Lagos, Nigeria
- 7 Wealth Habits of the World’s Richest People
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- Tourism, Nationalism and the De-Cosmopolitanisation of Culture in Bali
- Review of the 6 Major Blockchain Protocols
- 6 Key Attitudes of Successful Leaders
- Five Fundamental Principles From Adam Grant's "Give and Take" Book