Upworthy is a web site for viral content that was started in March 2012 by Eli Pariser, the former executive director of MoveOn and Peter Koechley, the former managing editor of The Onion. It is backed by Chris Hughes, one of the co-founders of Facebook. It states as its mission to host the intersection of the “awesome”, “meaningful” and “visual. ” In late 2012, Upworthy announced that it had raised $4 million from New Enterprise Associates and angel investors to date.
WELCOME TO RICHTOPIA
- 2,692,356 all-time users
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- Space-Exploration Top 100: From Elon Musk to Neil DeGrasse Tyson, These Are the Most Influential Leaders in Space-Exploration
- British Entrepreneurs Top 100: From Richard Branson to J.K. Rowling, These Are the Most Influential Entrepreneurs in the UK