Upworthy is a web site for viral content that was started in March 2012 by Eli Pariser, the former executive director of MoveOn and Peter Koechley, the former managing editor of The Onion. It is backed by Chris Hughes, one of the co-founders of Facebook. It states as its mission to host the intersection of the “awesome”, “meaningful” and “visual. ” In late 2012, Upworthy announced that it had raised $4 million from New Enterprise Associates and angel investors to date.
WELCOME TO RICHTOPIA
- 2,995,343 all-time readers
- 5 Business Lessons From the "Corporate Scapegoat" Who Lost Five-Billion Euros
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- Five Fundamental Principles From Adam Grant's "Give and Take" Book
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- Analytical Thinking: 8 Natural Talents Leading to Action
- Grant Cardone Shares His Principles for Life & Success (Exclusive Q&A Interview)