Upworthy is a web site for viral content that was started in March 2012 by Eli Pariser, the former executive director of MoveOn and Peter Koechley, the former managing editor of The Onion. It is backed by Chris Hughes, one of the co-founders of Facebook. It states as its mission to host the intersection of the “awesome”, “meaningful” and “visual. ” In late 2012, Upworthy announced that it had raised $4 million from New Enterprise Associates and angel investors to date.
Join Our Newsletter
- 3,322,784 all-time readers
- 10 Mistakes Leaders Make (And How to Avoid Them) November 21, 2019
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- Workplace Culture: How to Encourage Collaboration
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- Grant Cardone Shares His Principles for Life & Success (Exclusive Interview)
- 6 Key Attitudes and Behaviors of Successful Leaders
- 43 of Britain's Oldest Companies, From Rolls-Royce to Burberry, Still in Business After 100-Years
- Analytical Thinking: 8 Natural Talents Leading to Action
- The Distinction Between Leadership and Supervision