Upworthy is a web site for viral content that was started in March 2012 by Eli Pariser, the former executive director of MoveOn and Peter Koechley, the former managing editor of The Onion. It is backed by Chris Hughes, one of the co-founders of Facebook. It states as its mission to host the intersection of the “awesome”, “meaningful” and “visual. ” In late 2012, Upworthy announced that it had raised $4 million from New Enterprise Associates and angel investors to date.
The Richtopian Vision
Join Our Newsletter
- 3,087,227 all-time readers
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- Workplace Culture: How to Encourage Collaboration
- Analytical Thinking: 8 Natural Talents Leading to Action
- 43 of Britain's Oldest Brands, From Rolls-Royce to Burberry, Still Around Since 100+ Years Ago
- 3 Reasons You Should Buy Gold (And 3 Reasons You Shouldn't)
- Grant Cardone Shares His Principles for Life & Success (Exclusive Q&A Interview)
- What Do the Super-Rich Spend Their Money On? (Infographic Included)