Republic of UgandaJamhuri ya Uganda Flag of Uganda Coat of arms of Uganda Motto: “Kwa ajili ya Mungu na Nchi yangu””For God and My Country” Anthem: Oh Uganda, Land of Beauty Location of Uganda Capitaland largest cityKampala Official languages Swahili English Vernacularlanguages Luganda Luo Runyankore Runyoro Ateso Lumasaba Lusoga Samia Swahili Ethnic groups (2002) 16.9% Baganda 9.5% Banyankole 8.4% Basoga 6.9% Bakiga 6.4% Iteso 6.1% Langi 4.7% Acholi 4.6% Bagisu 4.2% Lugbara 2.7% Bunyoro 29.6% others Demonym Ugandan Government Presidential republic – President Yoweri Museveni – Vice President Edward Ssekandi – Prime Minister Amama Mbabazi Legislature Parliament Independence – from the United Kingdom 9 October 1962 – Current constitution 8 October 1995 Area – Total 236,040 km 91,136 sq mi – Water (%) 15.39 Population – 2012 estimate 35,873,253 – 2002 census 24,227,297 – Density 137.1/km 355.2/sq mi GDP 2011 estimate – Total $46.368 billion – Per capita $1,341 GDP (nominal) 2012 estimate – Total $19.399 billion – Per capita $532 Gini (1998)43medium HDI (2011)11px 0.446low · 161st Currency Ugandan shilling Time zone EAT – Summer not observed Drives on the left Calling code +256 ISO 3166 code UG Internet TLD .
The Richtopian Vision
Join Our Newsletter
- 3,137,127 all-time readers
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- Green for Go: The Rise in Veganism and Changes in Consumer Consciousness
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- Workplace Culture: How to Encourage Collaboration
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- The New Queen of Jewellery: An Interview With Alyssa Smith
- Business Etiquette Across Cultures (INFOGRAPHIC)
- What Do the Super-Rich Spend Their Money On? (Infographic Included)
- Growing Responsibly: A New Way Forward for Coca-Cola
- 3 Reasons You Should Buy Gold (And 3 Reasons You Shouldn't)
Women in Leadership
- How Tech is Making Business Development and Growth Easier Than Ever September 17, 2019