Watson is an artificial intelligence computer system capable of answering questions posed in natural language, developed in IBM’s DeepQA project by a research team led by principal investigator David Ferrucci. Watson was named after IBM’s first president, Thomas J. Watson. The machine was specifically developed to answer questions on the quiz show Jeopardy!. In 2011, Watson competed on Jeopardy against former winners Brad Rutter and Ken Jennings. Watson received the first prize of $1 million.
The Richtopian Vision
Join Our Newsletter
- 3,240,649 all-time readers
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- Why These Big Brands Chose the Colours of Their Logos
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- Workplace Culture: How to Encourage Collaboration
- Economists Top 100: From Joseph Stiglitz to Michael Porter, These Are the Most Influential Economists in the World
- Grant Cardone Shares His Principles for Life & Success (Exclusive Interview)
- 3 Reasons You Should Buy Gold (And 3 Reasons You Shouldn't)
- 6 Key Attitudes and Behaviors of Successful Leaders