Sir Thomas Spert was the first Master of Trinity House. Born in the late 15th century (date unknown), he had probably died by 1555. Spert Island off the coast of Antarctica is named for him. As a mariner in the service of Henry VII, Thomas Spert carried dispatches between England and Spain. He served, evidently with credit, in the navy during the war of 1512-14. In 1512-15 he was master of the Mary Rose, one of the most important fighting ships in the fleet.
WELCOME TO RICHTOPIA
- 2,694,107 all-time users
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- Space-Exploration Top 100: From Elon Musk to Neil DeGrasse Tyson, These Are the Most Influential Leaders in Space-Exploration
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- British Entrepreneurs Top 100: From Richard Branson to J.K. Rowling, These Are the Most Influential Entrepreneurs in the UK