Suspended animation is the slowing of life processes by external means without termination. Breathing, heartbeat, and other involuntary functions may still occur, but they can only be detected by artificial means. Extreme cold can be used to precipitate the slowing of an individual’s functions; use of this process has led to the developing science of cryonics.
The Richtopian Vision
Join Our Newsletter
- 3,253,968 all-time readers
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- The New Queen of Jewellery: An Interview With Alyssa Smith
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- Workplace Culture: How to Encourage Collaboration
- A Comprehensive Guide on the Psychology of Marketing and Sales
- Great British Pound Notes & People Who've Appeared On Them ...
- 3 Reasons You Should Buy Gold (And 3 Reasons You Shouldn't)
- 43 of Britain's Oldest Companies, From Rolls-Royce to Burberry, Still in Business After 100+ Years
- 6 Key Attitudes and Behaviors of Successful Leaders
- Social Chain Goes Public! An Interview With Steve Bartlett October 17, 2019