The Speaker of the United States House of Representatives (or Speaker of the House) is the presiding officer of the chamber. The office was established in 1789 by Article I, Section 2 of the United States Constitution, which states in part, “The House of Representatives shall chuse [sic] their Speaker… ” The current Speaker is John Boehner, a Republican who represents Ohio’s 8th congressional district.
WELCOME TO RICHTOPIA
- 2,739,307 all-time users
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- 7 Wealth Habits of the World’s Richest People
- British Entrepreneurs Top 100: From Richard Branson to J.K. Rowling, These Are the Most Influential Entrepreneurs in the UK