A social issue (also called a social problem or a social ill) is an issue that relates to society’s perception of people’s personal lives. Different societies have different perceptions and what may be “normal” behaviour in one society may be a significant social issue in another society. Social issues are distinguished from economic issues. Some issues have both social and economic aspects, such as immigration. There are also issues that don’t fall into either category, such as wars.
Join Our Newsletter
- 3,342,749 all-time readers
- ‘Imposter Syndrome’ Affecting 85% of UK Adults December 6, 2019
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- Workplace Culture: How to Encourage Collaboration
- 43 of Britain's Oldest Companies, From Rolls-Royce to Burberry, Still in Business After 100-Years
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- 6 Key Attitudes and Behaviors of Successful Leaders
- The Distinction Between Leadership and Supervision
- Five Fundamental Principles From Adam Grant's "Give and Take" Book
- The History of PayPal (Infographic Included)