A share is a single unit of ownership in a corporation, mutual fund, or any other organization. A joint stock company divides its capital into shares, which are offered for sale to raise capital, termed as issuing shares. Thus, a share is an indivisible unit of capital, expressing the proprietary relationship between the company and the shareholder. The denominated value of a share is its face value: the total capital of a company is divided into a number of shares.
You may also like
About the author
Information to enrich your life.
WELCOME TO RICHTOPIA
- 2,424,636 all-time users
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- Top 17 Most Inspirational TED Talks on Effective Leadership (Videos Included)
- Review of the 6 Major Blockchain Protocols
- Africa Exclusive: Property Investment in Lagos, Nigeria
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- 7 Wealth Habits of the World’s Richest People
- Analytical Thinking: 8 Natural Talents Leading to Action
- Top 20 Artificial Intelligence Books & Whitepapers