Rochester is a city in Monroe County, New York, south of Lake Ontario in the United States. Known as The World’s Image Center, it was also once known as The Flour City, and more recently as The Flower City, annually hosting the Lilac Festival. It is the county seat for Monroe County. Rochester’s city population according to the 2010 census is approximately 210,565, making it New York’s third most populous city after New York City and Buffalo.
Join Our Newsletter
- 3,342,997 all-time readers
- ‘Imposter Syndrome’ Affecting 85% of UK Adults December 6, 2019
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- 43 of Britain's Oldest Companies, From Rolls-Royce to Burberry, Still in Business After 100-Years
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- Workplace Culture: How to Encourage Collaboration
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- 6 Key Attitudes and Behaviors of Successful Leaders
- The Distinction Between Leadership and Supervision
- Five Fundamental Principles From Adam Grant's "Give and Take" Book
- Analytical Thinking: 8 Natural Talents Leading to Action