Sir Richard Charles Nicholas Branson, Kt (born 18 July 1950) is an English businessman and investor. He is best known as the founder of Virgin Group, which comprises more than 400 companies.At the age of sixteen his first business venture was a magazine called Student. In 1970, he set up a mail-order record business. In 1972, he opened a chain of record stores, Virgin Records, later known as Virgin Megastores. Branson’s Virgin brand grew rapidly during the 1980s, as he set up Virgin Atlantic and expanded the Virgin Records music label.According to Forbes, Branson has an estimated net worth of US $4.9 billion.
The Richtopian Vision
Join Our Newsletter
- 3,267,231 all-time readers
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- Workplace Culture: How to Encourage Collaboration
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- Why These Big Brands Chose the Colours of Their Logos
- 43 of Britain's Oldest Companies, From Rolls-Royce to Burberry, Still in Business After 100+ Years
- Business Etiquette Across Cultures (INFOGRAPHIC)
- 6 Key Attitudes and Behaviors of Successful Leaders
- What Is Social Branding? And How Does It Work?
- Are You a Hustler or a Vacationer at Work? October 21, 2019