Remittance can also refer to the accounting concept of a monetary payment transferred by a customer to a business; see remittance advice. For a person who was exiled and sent an allowance on condition that they did not return home, see remittance man. A remittance is a transfer of money by a foreign worker to his or her home country. Money sent home by migrants constitutes the second largest financial inflow to many developing countries, exceeding international aid.
Join Our Newsletter
- 3,316,105 all-time readers
- Growing Your Small Business the Right Way November 16, 2019
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- Grant Cardone Shares His Principles for Life & Success (Exclusive Interview)
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- Workplace Culture: How to Encourage Collaboration
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- 6 Key Attitudes and Behaviors of Successful Leaders
- The Distinction Between Leadership and Supervision
- Analytical Thinking: 8 Natural Talents Leading to Action
- Growing Your Small Business the Right Way