In Chinese and other Asian societies, a red envelope or red packet is a monetary gift which is given during holidays or special occasions. It is known as hóngbāo in Mandarin, angbao in Taiwanese, angpau in Min Nan, lai see (利市/利是) in Cantonese, lì xì in Vietnamese and sae bae don (세뱃돈/歲拜돈) in Korean.
You may also like
About the author
Information to enrich your life.
WELCOME TO RICHTOPIA
- 2,496,928 all-time users
- Africa Exclusive: Property Investment in Lagos, Nigeria
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- 7 Wealth Habits of the World’s Richest People
- Review of the 6 Major Blockchain Protocols
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- Analytical Thinking: 8 Natural Talents Leading to Action
- 6 Key Attitudes of Successful Leaders