In politics and social science, power is the ability to influence the behavior of people. The term authority is often used for power perceived as legitimate by the social structure. Power can be seen as evil or unjust, but the exercise of power is accepted as endemic to humans as social beings. In the corporate environment, power is often expressed as upward or downward. With downward power, a company’s superior influences subordinates.
The Richtopian Vision
Join Our Newsletter
- 3,080,494 all-time readers
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- 3 Reasons You Should Buy Gold (And 3 Reasons You Shouldn't)
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- 7 Wealth Habits of the World’s Richest People
- What Do the Super-Rich Spend Their Money On? (Infographic Included)
- Workplace Culture: How to Encourage Collaboration
- Analytical Thinking: 8 Natural Talents Leading to Action
- A Comprehensive Guide on the Psychology of Marketing and Sales
Women in Leadership
- How to Make a Career Change at Any Age August 6, 2019