In politics and social science, power is the ability to influence the behavior of people. The term authority is often used for power perceived as legitimate by the social structure. Power can be seen as evil or unjust, but the exercise of power is accepted as endemic to humans as social beings. In the corporate environment, power is often expressed as upward or downward. With downward power, a company’s superior influences subordinates.
The Richtopian Vision
Join Our Newsletter
- 3,233,492 all-time readers
- Growing Responsibly: A New Way Forward for Coca-Cola
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- Why These Big Brands Chose the Colours of Their Logos
- Economists Top 100: From Joseph Stiglitz to Michael Porter, These Are the Most Influential Economists in the World
- Dez Bryant Reveals How the Key to Unlocking His Future Was to Never Forget His Past
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- 5 Techniques to Grow Your Business Like Warren Buffett
- A Comprehensive Guide on the Psychology of Marketing and Sales