Philanthropy etymologically means “love of humanity” in the sense of caring for, nourishing, developing, and enhancing “what it is to be human”—on both the benefactors’ (by identifying and exercising their values in giving and volunteering) and beneficiaries’ (by benefitting) parts. The most conventional modern definition is “private initiatives, for public good, focusing on quality of life” (see below).
You may also like
About the author
Information to enrich your life.
WELCOME TO RICHTOPIA
- 2,458,777 all-time users
- Africa Exclusive: Property Investment in Lagos, Nigeria
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- 7 Wealth Habits of the World’s Richest People
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- 6 Key Attitudes of Successful Leaders
- Review of the 6 Major Blockchain Protocols
- Tourism, Nationalism and the De-Cosmopolitanisation of Culture in Bali