Philanthropy etymologically means “love of humanity” in the sense of caring for, nourishing, developing, and enhancing “what it is to be human”—on both the benefactors’ (by identifying and exercising their values in giving and volunteering) and beneficiaries’ (by benefitting) parts. The most conventional modern definition is “private initiatives, for public good, focusing on quality of life” (see below).
WELCOME TO RICHTOPIA
- 2,741,150 all-time users
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- 7 Wealth Habits of the World’s Richest People
- British Entrepreneurs Top 100: From Richard Branson to J.K. Rowling, These Are the Most Influential Entrepreneurs in the UK