A pension is a contract for a fixed sum to be paid regularly to a person, typically following retirement from service. Pensions should not be confused with severance pay; the former is paid in regular installments, while the latter is paid in one lump sum. The terms retirement plan and superannuation refer to a pension granted upon retirement of the individual.
The Richtopian Vision
Join Our Newsletter
- 3,236,090 all-time readers
- Growing Responsibly: A New Way Forward for Coca-Cola
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- Why These Big Brands Chose the Colours of Their Logos
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- Economists Top 100: From Joseph Stiglitz to Michael Porter, These Are the Most Influential Economists in the World
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- Dez Bryant Reveals How the Key to Unlocking His Future Was to Never Forget His Past
- Workplace Culture: How to Encourage Collaboration
- 5 Techniques to Grow Your Business Like Warren Buffett