An order or order of merit is a visible honour, awarded by a government, dynastic house, sovereign or international organization to an individual. The distinction between orders and decorations is somewhat vague, except that most historic orders imply a membership in a group. In the case of most European orders, membership was also limited in number. Decorations have no such limitations, and are awarded purely to recognize the merit or accomplishments of the recipient.
The Richtopian Vision
Join Our Newsletter
- 3,131,574 all-time readers
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- Green for Go: The Rise in Veganism and Changes in Consumer Consciousness
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- 3 Reasons You Should Buy Gold (And 3 Reasons You Shouldn't)
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- The New Queen of Jewellery: An Interview With Alyssa Smith
- Grant Cardone Shares His Principles for Life & Success (Exclusive Interview)
- Workplace Culture: How to Encourage Collaboration
- Growing Responsibly: A New Way Forward for Coca-Cola
- Business Etiquette Across Cultures (INFOGRAPHIC)
Women in Leadership
- 10 Popular Tools for Building Websites Online September 9, 2019