An officer is a member of an armed force or uniformed service who holds a position of authority. Commissioned officers derive authority directly from a sovereign power and, as such, hold a commission charging them with the duties and responsibilities of a specific office or position. Commissioned officers are typically the only persons, in an armed forces environment, able to act as the commanding officer (according to the most technical definition of the word) of a military unit.
WELCOME TO RICHTOPIA
- 2,698,332 all-time users
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- British Entrepreneurs Top 100: From Richard Branson to J.K. Rowling, These Are the Most Influential Entrepreneurs in the UK
- 7 Wealth Habits of the World’s Richest People