An officer is a member of an armed force or uniformed service who holds a position of authority. Commissioned officers derive authority directly from a sovereign power and, as such, hold a commission charging them with the duties and responsibilities of a specific office or position. Commissioned officers are typically the only persons, in an armed forces environment, able to act as the commanding officer (according to the most technical definition of the word) of a military unit.
You may also like
About the author
Information to enrich your life.
WELCOME TO RICHTOPIA
- 2,458,777 all-time users
- Africa Exclusive: Property Investment in Lagos, Nigeria
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- 7 Wealth Habits of the World’s Richest People
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- 6 Key Attitudes of Successful Leaders
- Review of the 6 Major Blockchain Protocols
- Tourism, Nationalism and the De-Cosmopolitanisation of Culture in Bali