An officer is a member of an armed force or uniformed service who holds a position of authority. Commissioned officers derive authority directly from a sovereign power and, as such, hold a commission charging them with the duties and responsibilities of a specific office or position. Commissioned officers are typically the only persons, in an armed forces environment, able to act as the commanding officer (according to the most technical definition of the word) of a military unit.
The Richtopian Vision
Join Our Newsletter
- 3,134,629 all-time readers
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- Green for Go: The Rise in Veganism and Changes in Consumer Consciousness
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- Workplace Culture: How to Encourage Collaboration
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- Business Etiquette Across Cultures (INFOGRAPHIC)
- The New Queen of Jewellery: An Interview With Alyssa Smith
- 3 Reasons You Should Buy Gold (And 3 Reasons You Shouldn't)
- Grant Cardone Shares His Principles for Life & Success (Exclusive Interview)
Women in Leadership
- 10 Popular Tools for Building Websites Online September 9, 2019