A minority group is a sociological category within a demographic. Rather than a relational “social group”, as the term would indicate, the term refers to a category that is differentiated and defined by the social majority, that is, those who hold the majority of positions of social power in a society. The differentiation can be based on one or more observable human characteristics, including, for example, ethnicity, race, gender, wealth, health or sexual orientation.
You may also like
About the author
Information to enrich your life.
WELCOME TO RICHTOPIA
- 2,424,136 all-time users
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- Africa Exclusive: Property Investment in Lagos, Nigeria
- Review of the 6 Major Blockchain Protocols
- Top 17 Most Inspirational TED Talks on Effective Leadership (Videos Included)
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- 7 Wealth Habits of the World’s Richest People
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- Analytical Thinking: 8 Natural Talents Leading to Action
- Top 20 Artificial Intelligence Books & Whitepapers