Michael James Wallace “Mike” Ashley (born 1964 or 1965, Burnham, Buckinghamshire) is an English billionaire retail entrepreneur in the sporting goods market. He is also the owner of Newcastle United after paying around £135 million to buy the club. Ranked 15th (in Britain only) in the 2012 version of the Forbes Magazine with estimated wealth of £1.5billion, Ashley was seen as an intensely private person, who never attended industry functions or gave interviews.
Join Our Newsletter
- 3,322,849 all-time readers
- 10 Mistakes Leaders Make (And How to Avoid Them) November 21, 2019
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- Workplace Culture: How to Encourage Collaboration
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- Grant Cardone Shares His Principles for Life & Success (Exclusive Interview)
- 6 Key Attitudes and Behaviors of Successful Leaders
- 43 of Britain's Oldest Companies, From Rolls-Royce to Burberry, Still in Business After 100-Years
- The Distinction Between Leadership and Supervision
- Five Fundamental Principles From Adam Grant's "Give and Take" Book