This article is specific to small loans. For financial services to the poor, see Microfinance. For small payments, see Micropayment. Microcredit is the extension of very small loans (microloans) to impoverished borrowers who typically lack collateral, steady employment and a verifiable credit history. It is designed not only to support entrepreneurship and alleviate poverty, but also in many cases to empower women and uplift entire communities by extension.
The Richtopian Vision
- 5 Business Lessons From the "Corporate Scapegoat" Who Lost Five-Billion Euros
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- 3 Leadership Lessons From Apollo 11’s Success and the Space Shuttle Challenger’s Failure
- 3 Reasons You Should Buy Gold (And 3 Reasons You Shouldn't)
- Workplace Culture: How to Encourage Collaboration
- Great British Pound Notes & People Who've Appeared On Them ...
- 7 Wealth Habits of the World’s Richest People
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- What Do the Super-Rich Spend Their Money On? (Infographic Included)
Women in Leadership
Join Our Newsletter
- 3,035,540 all-time readers