This article is specific to small loans. For financial services to the poor, see Microfinance. For small payments, see Micropayment. Microcredit is the extension of very small loans (microloans) to impoverished borrowers who typically lack collateral, steady employment and a verifiable credit history. It is designed not only to support entrepreneurship and alleviate poverty, but also in many cases to empower women and uplift entire communities by extension.
The Richtopian Vision
Join Our Newsletter
- 3,145,105 all-time readers
- Green for Go: The Rise in Veganism and Changes in Consumer Consciousness
- Growing Responsibly: A New Way Forward for Coca-Cola
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- The New Queen of Jewellery: An Interview With Alyssa Smith
- Workplace Culture: How to Encourage Collaboration
- 5 Techniques to Grow Your Business Like Warren Buffett
- 6 Key Attitudes and Behaviors of Successful Leaders
Women in Leadership
- How Tech is Making Business Development and Growth Easier Than Ever September 17, 2019