This article is specific to small loans. For financial services to the poor, see Microfinance. For small payments, see Micropayment. Microcredit is the extension of very small loans (microloans) to impoverished borrowers who typically lack collateral, steady employment and a verifiable credit history. It is designed not only to support entrepreneurship and alleviate poverty, but also in many cases to empower women and uplift entire communities by extension.
The Richtopian Vision
- Leadership Formula: Basic Traits of a Leader July 9, 2019
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- 5 Business Lessons From the "Corporate Scapegoat" Who Lost Five-Billion Euros
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- Workplace Culture: How to Encourage Collaboration
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- Analytical Thinking: 8 Natural Talents Leading to Action
- Grant Cardone Shares His Principles for Life & Success (Exclusive Q&A Interview)
- What Do the Super-Rich Spend Their Money On? (Infographic Included)
- Great British Pound Notes & People Who've Appeared On Them ...
Women in Leadership
Join Our Newsletter
- 3,033,623 all-time readers