This article is specific to small loans. For financial services to the poor, see Microfinance. For small payments, see Micropayment. Microcredit is the extension of very small loans (microloans) to impoverished borrowers who typically lack collateral, steady employment and a verifiable credit history. It is designed not only to support entrepreneurship and alleviate poverty, but also in many cases to empower women and uplift entire communities by extension.
The Richtopian Vision
Join Our Newsletter
- 3,241,760 all-time readers
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- Why These Big Brands Chose the Colours of Their Logos
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- Workplace Culture: How to Encourage Collaboration
- Economists Top 100: From Joseph Stiglitz to Michael Porter, These Are the Most Influential Economists in the World
- The New Queen of Jewellery: An Interview With Alyssa Smith
- Grant Cardone Shares His Principles for Life & Success (Exclusive Interview)
- 3 Reasons You Should Buy Gold (And 3 Reasons You Shouldn't)