Mentorship is a personal developmental relationship in which a more experienced or more knowledgeable person helps to guide a less experienced or less knowledgeable person. However, true mentoring is more than just answering occasional questions or providing ad hoc help. It is about an ongoing relationship of learning, dialog, and challenge. The person in receipt of mentorship may be referred to as a protégé (male), a protégée (female), an apprentice or, in recent years, a mentee.
Join Our Newsletter
- 3,316,680 all-time readers
- Growing Your Small Business the Right Way November 16, 2019
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- Grant Cardone Shares His Principles for Life & Success (Exclusive Interview)
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- Workplace Culture: How to Encourage Collaboration
- The Distinction Between Leadership and Supervision
- 6 Key Attitudes and Behaviors of Successful Leaders
- 43 of Britain's Oldest Companies, From Rolls-Royce to Burberry, Still in Business After 100-Years
- Business Etiquette Across Cultures (INFOGRAPHIC)