Marimekko is a Finnish company based in Helsinki that has made important contributions to fashion, especially in the 1960s. It is particularly noted for brightly colored printed fabrics and simple styles, used both in women’s garments and in home furnishings. Two designers in particular, Vuokko Nurmesniemi with bold stripes, and Maija Isola with large simple flowered prints, created hundreds of distinctive patterns and helped to make Marimekko a household name across the world.
About the author
Kayleigh Alexandra writes for Micro Startups, your online destination for all things startup. She loves nothing better than spreading the good word about entrepreneurs doing good things (and she's partial to a coffee or three too)
WELCOME TO RICHTOPIA
- 2,954,555 all-time users
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- Workplace Culture: How to Encourage Collaboration
- Analytical Thinking: 8 Natural Talents Leading to Action
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- 7 Wealth Habits of the World’s Richest People