Luck or chance is fortune (whether bad or good) which occurs beyond one’s control, without regard to one’s will, intention, or desired result. There are at least two senses people usually mean when they use the term, the prescriptive sense and the descriptive sense. In the prescriptive sense, luck is a supernatural and deterministic concept that there are forces (e.g.
Join Our Newsletter
- 3,342,997 all-time readers
- ‘Imposter Syndrome’ Affecting 85% of UK Adults December 6, 2019
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- 43 of Britain's Oldest Companies, From Rolls-Royce to Burberry, Still in Business After 100-Years
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- Workplace Culture: How to Encourage Collaboration
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- 6 Key Attitudes and Behaviors of Successful Leaders
- The Distinction Between Leadership and Supervision
- Five Fundamental Principles From Adam Grant's "Give and Take" Book
- Analytical Thinking: 8 Natural Talents Leading to Action