This is a list of sovereign states and dependent territories in Africa, with information about their respective capitals, languages, currencies, population, area and GDP per capita. Malta and parts of Italy, Spain, Portugal and France are located on the African continental plate, however they are considered European by convention. The island of Socotra is also on the African plate, but is part of the Asian state of Yemen.
About the author
Adetunji Teejay Bolorunduro holds MSc in Economic Development from the prestigious Adam Smith Business School, The University of Glasgow, United Kingdom. He is a China-Africa Engagement Researcher. He is also a co-founder at Africacv and a Senior Researcher at Afriscaper.
WELCOME TO RICHTOPIA
- 2,611,653 all-time users
- Economists Top 100: From Joseph Stiglitz to Michael Porter, These Are the Most Influential Economists in the World
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- Top 100 Leaders from Multilateral Organisations: From Kristalina Georgieva to Jamal Bin Huwaireb, These Are the Most Influential People in This Sphere
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?