This is a list of sovereign states and dependent territories in Africa, with information about their respective capitals, languages, currencies, population, area and GDP per capita. Malta and parts of Italy, Spain, Portugal and France are located on the African continental plate, however they are considered European by convention. The island of Socotra is also on the African plate, but is part of the Asian state of Yemen.
About the author
Adetunji Teejay Bolorunduro holds MSc in Economic Development from the prestigious Adam Smith Business School, The University of Glasgow, United Kingdom. He is a China-Africa Engagement Researcher. He is also a co-founder at Africacv and a Senior Researcher at Afriscaper.
The Richtopian Vision
- 5 Business Lessons From the "Corporate Scapegoat" Who Lost Five-Billion Euros
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- 3 Leadership Lessons From Apollo 11’s Success and the Space Shuttle Challenger’s Failure
- 3 Reasons You Should Buy Gold (And 3 Reasons You Shouldn't)
- Workplace Culture: How to Encourage Collaboration
- Great British Pound Notes & People Who've Appeared On Them ...
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- What Do the Super-Rich Spend Their Money On? (Infographic Included)
Women in Leadership
Join Our Newsletter
- 3,035,773 all-time readers