is a scheduling system for lean and just-in-time (JIT) production. Kanban is a system to control the logistical chain from a production point of view, and is not an inventory control system. Kanban was developed by Taiichi Ohno, at Toyota, to find a system to improve and maintain a high level of production. Kanban is one method through which JIT is achieved.
The Richtopian Vision
Join Our Newsletter
- 3,131,612 all-time readers
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- Green for Go: The Rise in Veganism and Changes in Consumer Consciousness
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- 3 Reasons You Should Buy Gold (And 3 Reasons You Shouldn't)
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- The New Queen of Jewellery: An Interview With Alyssa Smith
- Grant Cardone Shares His Principles for Life & Success (Exclusive Interview)
- Workplace Culture: How to Encourage Collaboration
- Growing Responsibly: A New Way Forward for Coca-Cola
- Business Etiquette Across Cultures (INFOGRAPHIC)
Women in Leadership
- 10 Popular Tools for Building Websites Online September 9, 2019