John Davison Rockefeller (July 8, 1839 – May 23, 1937) was an American industrialist and philanthropist. He was the founder of the Standard Oil Company, which dominated the oil industry and was the first great U.S. business trust. Rockefeller revolutionized the petroleum industry and defined the structure of modern philanthropy. In 1870, he founded the Standard Oil Company and aggressively ran it until he officially retired in 1897.
The Richtopian Vision
Join Our Newsletter
- 3,133,700 all-time readers
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- Green for Go: The Rise in Veganism and Changes in Consumer Consciousness
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- Workplace Culture: How to Encourage Collaboration
- 3 Reasons You Should Buy Gold (And 3 Reasons You Shouldn't)
- Business Etiquette Across Cultures (INFOGRAPHIC)
- The New Queen of Jewellery: An Interview With Alyssa Smith
- Grant Cardone Shares His Principles for Life & Success (Exclusive Interview)
- What Do the Super-Rich Spend Their Money On? (Infographic Included)
Women in Leadership
- 10 Popular Tools for Building Websites Online September 9, 2019