John Boot (1815–1860), born in Radcliffe on Trent in Nottinghamshire, England, was the father of the founder of Boots the Chemists. Jesse Boot turned the company into a retailer known throughout the world. Boot was born in Radcliffe on Trent in 1815 and was a farm worker until illness forced him to change career. Boot moved to Hockley Village. From the herbal remedies his mother made, Boot started up a trade of making and selling herbal remedies.
The Richtopian Vision
Join Our Newsletter
- 3,138,926 all-time readers
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- Green for Go: The Rise in Veganism and Changes in Consumer Consciousness
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- Workplace Culture: How to Encourage Collaboration
- The New Queen of Jewellery: An Interview With Alyssa Smith
- Business Etiquette Across Cultures (INFOGRAPHIC)
- What Do the Super-Rich Spend Their Money On? (Infographic Included)
- Analytical Thinking: 8 Natural Talents Leading to Action
- 6 Key Attitudes and Behaviors of Successful Leaders
Women in Leadership
- How Tech is Making Business Development and Growth Easier Than Ever September 17, 2019