John Boot (1815–1860), born in Radcliffe on Trent in Nottinghamshire, England, was the father of the founder of Boots the Chemists. Jesse Boot turned the company into a retailer known throughout the world. Boot was born in Radcliffe on Trent in 1815 and was a farm worker until illness forced him to change career. Boot moved to Hockley Village. From the herbal remedies his mother made, Boot started up a trade of making and selling herbal remedies.
WELCOME TO RICHTOPIA
- 2,784,806 all-time users
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- Business Etiquette Across Cultures (INFOGRAPHIC)
- 7 Wealth Habits of the World’s Richest People
- British Entrepreneurs Top 100: From Richard Branson to J.K. Rowling, These Are the Most Influential Entrepreneurs in the UK