John Boot (1815–1860), born in Radcliffe on Trent in Nottinghamshire, England, was the father of the founder of Boots the Chemists. Jesse Boot turned the company into a retailer known throughout the world. Boot was born in Radcliffe on Trent in 1815 and was a farm worker until illness forced him to change career. Boot moved to Hockley Village. From the herbal remedies his mother made, Boot started up a trade of making and selling herbal remedies.
The Richtopian Vision
- 5 Business Lessons From the "Corporate Scapegoat" Who Lost Five-Billion Euros
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- Workplace Culture: How to Encourage Collaboration
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- 3 Reasons You Should Buy Gold (And 3 Reasons You Shouldn't)
- Great British Pound Notes & People Who've Appeared On Them ...
- Analytical Thinking: 8 Natural Talents Leading to Action
- What Do the Super-Rich Spend Their Money On? (Infographic Included)
- Five Fundamental Principles From Adam Grant's "Give and Take" Book
Women in Leadership
Join Our Newsletter
- 3,037,061 all-time readers