The Internet of Things refers to uniquely identifiable objects (things) and their virtual representations in an Internet-like structure. The term Internet of Things was first used by Kevin Ashton in 1999. The concept of the Internet of Things first became popular through the Auto-ID Center and related market analysts publications. Radio-frequency identification is often seen as a prerequisite for the Internet of Things.
The Richtopian Vision
Join Our Newsletter
- 3,150,086 all-time readers
- Green for Go: The Rise in Veganism and Changes in Consumer Consciousness
- Growing Responsibly: A New Way Forward for Coca-Cola
- The New Queen of Jewellery: An Interview With Alyssa Smith
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- Why These Big Brands Chose the Colours of Their Logos
- 10 Things FinTech Has Done for International Remittance
- 5 Techniques to Grow Your Business Like Warren Buffett
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
Women in Leadership
- Did You Know That the Richest ‘Self-Made’ Woman Earns $91,324 Per-Hour? September 22, 2019