A smart grid is an electrical grid that uses information and communications technology to gather and act on information, such as information about the behaviors of suppliers and consumers, in an automated fashion to improve the efficiency, reliability, economics, and sustainability of the production and distribution of electricity. Smart grid policy is organized in Europe as Smart Grid European Technology Platform. Policy in the United States is described in 42 U.S.C. ch.152 subch. IX § 17381.
The Richtopian Vision
Join Our Newsletter
- 3,089,957 all-time readers
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- 12 Highly Creative People Who Failed Before Succeeding
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- 3 Reasons You Should Buy Gold (And 3 Reasons You Shouldn't)
- Workplace Culture: How to Encourage Collaboration
- Analytical Thinking: 8 Natural Talents Leading to Action
- 7 Wealth Habits of the World’s Richest People
- Grant Cardone Shares His Principles for Life & Success (Exclusive Q&A Interview)
Women in Leadership
- Revealed: The UK’s Self-Made Super-Rich Hotspots August 23, 2019