Hypertension (HTN) or high blood pressure, sometimes called arterial hypertension, is a chronic medical condition in which the blood pressure in the arteries is elevated. This requires the heart to work harder than normal to circulate blood through the blood vessels. Blood pressure is summarised by two measurements, systolic and diastolic, which depend on whether the heart muscle is contracting (systole) or relaxed between beats (diastole).
You may also like
About the author
Information to enrich your life.
WELCOME TO RICHTOPIA
- 2,565,666 all-time users
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- British Entrepreneurs Top 100: From Richard Branson to J.K. Rowling, These Are the Most Influential Entrepreneurs in the UK
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- Economists Top 100: From Joseph Stiglitz to Michael Porter, These Are the Most Influential Economists in the World
- Amy Cuddy: Profile of a Body-Language Hacker (Including Top 10 Tips)
- Workplace Culture: How to Encourage Collaboration
- Business Journalists Top 250: From Henry Blodget to James Altucher, These Are the Most Influential Biz Journalists in the World
- Analytical Thinking: 8 Natural Talents Leading to Action