Number of countries having a banking crisis in each year since 1800. This is based on This time is different: Eight centuries of financial folly, which covers only 70 countries. The general upward trend might be attributed to many factors. One of these is a gradual increase in the percent of people who receive money for their labor. The dramatic feature of this graph is the virtual absence of banking crises during the period of the Bretton Woods agreement, 1945 to 1971.
The Richtopian Vision
Join Our Newsletter
- 3,148,620 all-time readers
- Green for Go: The Rise in Veganism and Changes in Consumer Consciousness
- Growing Responsibly: A New Way Forward for Coca-Cola
- The New Queen of Jewellery: An Interview With Alyssa Smith
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- Why These Big Brands Chose the Colours of Their Logos
- 5 Techniques to Grow Your Business Like Warren Buffett
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- 10 Things FinTech Has Done for International Remittance
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- 3 Reasons You Should Buy Gold (And 3 Reasons You Shouldn't)
Women in Leadership
- Did You Know That the Richest ‘Self-Made’ Woman Earns $91,324 Per-Hour? September 22, 2019