Genchi Genbutsu means “go and see” and it is a key principle of the Toyota Production System. It suggests that in order to truly understand a situation one needs to go to gemba (現場) or, the ‘real place’ – where work is done.
About the author
Colin is a writer for Chief Executive Magazine. When he is not writing, or speaking to small groups of executives, he spends much of his time on the floor of America’s middle market companies, consulting on operational excellence using the tools of lean sigma.
WELCOME TO RICHTOPIA
- 2,741,150 all-time users
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- 7 Wealth Habits of the World’s Richest People
- British Entrepreneurs Top 100: From Richard Branson to J.K. Rowling, These Are the Most Influential Entrepreneurs in the UK