Franchising is the practice of using another firm’s successful business model. The word ‘franchise’ is of Anglo-French derivation – from franc – meaning free, and is used both as a noun and as a (transitive) verb. For the franchisor, the franchise is an alternative to building ‘chain stores’ to distribute goods that avoids the investments and liability of a chain. The franchisor’s success depends on the success of the franchisees.
The Richtopian Vision
Join Our Newsletter
- 3,084,448 all-time readers
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- Workplace Culture: How to Encourage Collaboration
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- 3 Reasons You Should Buy Gold (And 3 Reasons You Shouldn't)
- Analytical Thinking: 8 Natural Talents Leading to Action
- A Comprehensive Guide on the Psychology of Marketing and Sales
- What Do the Super-Rich Spend Their Money On? (Infographic Included)
- 43 of Britain's Oldest Brands, From Rolls-Royce to Burberry, Still Around Since 100+ Years Ago