The Fortune 500 is an annual list compiled and published by Fortune magazine that ranks the top 500 U.S. closely held and public corporations as ranked by their gross revenue after adjustments made by Fortune to exclude the impact of excise taxes companies incur. The list includes publicly and privately held companies for which revenues are publicly available. The first Fortune 500 list was published in 1955. Wal-Mart was the largest company on the list in 2007 and 2008.
The Richtopian Vision
Join Our Newsletter
- 3,080,494 all-time readers
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- 3 Reasons You Should Buy Gold (And 3 Reasons You Shouldn't)
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- 7 Wealth Habits of the World’s Richest People
- What Do the Super-Rich Spend Their Money On? (Infographic Included)
- Workplace Culture: How to Encourage Collaboration
- Analytical Thinking: 8 Natural Talents Leading to Action
- A Comprehensive Guide on the Psychology of Marketing and Sales
Women in Leadership
- How to Make a Career Change at Any Age August 6, 2019