The economy of the United Kingdom is the sixth-largest national economy in the world measured by nominal GDP and seventh-largest measured by purchasing power parity (PPP), and the second-largest in Europe measured by both nominal GDP and PPP (after Germany in both cases. The UK’s GDP per capita is the 22nd highest in the world in nominal terms and the 22nd highest measured by PPP. The British economy encompasses the economies of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Join Our Newsletter
- 3,342,997 all-time readers
- ‘Imposter Syndrome’ Affecting 85% of UK Adults December 6, 2019
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- 43 of Britain's Oldest Companies, From Rolls-Royce to Burberry, Still in Business After 100-Years
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- Workplace Culture: How to Encourage Collaboration
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- 6 Key Attitudes and Behaviors of Successful Leaders
- The Distinction Between Leadership and Supervision
- Five Fundamental Principles From Adam Grant's "Give and Take" Book
- Analytical Thinking: 8 Natural Talents Leading to Action