Duke University is a private research university located in Durham, North Carolina, United States. Founded by Methodists and Quakers in the present day town of Trinity in 1838, the school moved to Durham in 1892. In 1924, tobacco and electric power industrialist James B. Duke established The Duke Endowment, at which time the institution changed its name to honor his deceased father, Washington Duke.
Join Our Newsletter
- 3,314,874 all-time readers
- Grant Cardone Shares His Principles for Life & Success (Exclusive Interview)
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- Workplace Culture: How to Encourage Collaboration
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- 6 Key Attitudes and Behaviors of Successful Leaders
- 43 of Britain's Oldest Companies, From Rolls-Royce to Burberry, Still in Business After 100-Years
- The New Queen of Jewellery: An Interview With Alyssa Smith
- What Do the Super-Rich Spend Their Money On? (Infographic Included)
- Building a Powerful Personal Brand Through Celebrity Attachment November 12, 2019