Diabetes mellitus type 2 (formerly noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus or adult-onset diabetes) is a metabolic disorder that is characterized by high blood glucose in the context of insulin resistance and relative insulin deficiency. This is in contrast to diabetes mellitus type 1, in which there is an absolute insulin deficiency due to destruction of islet cells in the pancreas. The classic symptoms are excess thirst, frequent urination, and constant hunger.
You may also like
About the author
Information to enrich your life.
WELCOME TO RICHTOPIA
- 2,467,009 all-time users
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- Africa Exclusive: Property Investment in Lagos, Nigeria
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- Tourism, Nationalism and the De-Cosmopolitanisation of Culture in Bali
- 7 Wealth Habits of the World’s Richest People
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- Review of the 6 Major Blockchain Protocols
- 6 Key Attitudes of Successful Leaders