The Continental Army was formed after the outbreak of the American Revolutionary War by the colonies that became the United States of America. Established by a resolution of the Continental Congress on June 14, 1775, it was created to coordinate the military efforts of the Thirteen Colonies in their revolt against the rule of Great Britain. The Continental Army was supplemented by local militias and other troops that remained under control of the individual states.
The Richtopian Vision
Join Our Newsletter
- 3,135,853 all-time readers
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- Green for Go: The Rise in Veganism and Changes in Consumer Consciousness
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- Workplace Culture: How to Encourage Collaboration
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- Business Etiquette Across Cultures (INFOGRAPHIC)
- The New Queen of Jewellery: An Interview With Alyssa Smith
- 3 Reasons You Should Buy Gold (And 3 Reasons You Shouldn't)
- Grant Cardone Shares His Principles for Life & Success (Exclusive Interview)
- Analytical Thinking: 8 Natural Talents Leading to Action
Women in Leadership
- 10 Popular Tools for Building Websites Online September 9, 2019