Constantine XI Palaiologos, Latinized as Palaeologus (Greek: Κωνσταντῖνος ΙΑ’ Δραγάσης Παλαιολόγος, Kōnstantinos XI Dragasēs Palaiologos; 8 February 1404 – 29 May 1453) was the last reigning Byzantine Emperor. from 1449 to his death as member of the Palaiologos dynasty. After his death in battle during the fall of Constantinople, he became a legendary figure in Greek folklore as the “Marble Emperor” who would awaken and recover the Empire and Constantinople from the Turks.
You may also like
About the author
Information to enrich your life.
WELCOME TO RICHTOPIA
- 2,565,630 all-time users
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- British Entrepreneurs Top 100: From Richard Branson to J.K. Rowling, These Are the Most Influential Entrepreneurs in the UK
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- Economists Top 100: From Joseph Stiglitz to Michael Porter, These Are the Most Influential Economists in the World
- Amy Cuddy: Profile of a Body-Language Hacker (Including Top 10 Tips)
- Workplace Culture: How to Encourage Collaboration
- Business Journalists Top 250: From Henry Blodget to James Altucher, These Are the Most Influential Biz Journalists in the World
- Analytical Thinking: 8 Natural Talents Leading to Action