Constantine XI Palaiologos, Latinized as Palaeologus (Greek: Κωνσταντῖνος ΙΑ’ Δραγάσης Παλαιολόγος, Kōnstantinos XI Dragasēs Palaiologos; 8 February 1404 – 29 May 1453) was the last reigning Byzantine Emperor. from 1449 to his death as member of the Palaiologos dynasty. After his death in battle during the fall of Constantinople, he became a legendary figure in Greek folklore as the “Marble Emperor” who would awaken and recover the Empire and Constantinople from the Turks.
You may also like
About the author
Information to enrich your life.
WELCOME TO RICHTOPIA
- 2,429,697 all-time users
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- Africa Exclusive: Property Investment in Lagos, Nigeria
- Review of the 6 Major Blockchain Protocols
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- 7 Wealth Habits of the World’s Richest People
- Five Fundamental Principles From Adam Grant's "Give and Take" Book
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- Workplace Culture: How to Encourage Collaboration
- Top 20 Blockchain Books & Whitepapers