Constantine XI Palaiologos, Latinized as Palaeologus (Greek: Κωνσταντῖνος ΙΑ’ Δραγάσης Παλαιολόγος, Kōnstantinos XI Dragasēs Palaiologos; 8 February 1404 – 29 May 1453) was the last reigning Byzantine Emperor. from 1449 to his death as member of the Palaiologos dynasty. After his death in battle during the fall of Constantinople, he became a legendary figure in Greek folklore as the “Marble Emperor” who would awaken and recover the Empire and Constantinople from the Turks.
You may also like
About the author
Information to enrich your life.
WELCOME TO RICHTOPIA
- 2,459,422 all-time users
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- Africa Exclusive: Property Investment in Lagos, Nigeria
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- 7 Wealth Habits of the World’s Richest People
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- Review of the 6 Major Blockchain Protocols
- 6 Key Attitudes of Successful Leaders
- Tourism, Nationalism and the De-Cosmopolitanisation of Culture in Bali
- Analytical Thinking: 8 Natural Talents Leading to Action