The Byzantine Empire (or Byzantium) is a term used by modern historians to distinguish the Constantinople-centred Roman Empire of the Middle Ages from its earlier classical existence. It is also referred to as the Eastern Roman Empire, primarily in the context of Late Antiquity, while the Empire was still administered with separate eastern and western political centres. Its citizens continued to refer to their empire as the Roman Empire or Romania (Ῥωμανία).
You may also like
About the author
Information to enrich your life.
WELCOME TO RICHTOPIA
- 2,423,326 all-time users
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- Africa Exclusive: Property Investment in Lagos, Nigeria
- Top 17 Most Inspirational TED Talks on Effective Leadership (Videos Included)
- Review of the 6 Major Blockchain Protocols
- 7 Wealth Habits of the World’s Richest People
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- New Artificial Intelligence Developments and Real Life Examples
- Analytical Thinking: 8 Natural Talents Leading to Action