A faux pas is a socially awkward or tactless act, especially one that violates accepted social norms, standard customs, or the rules of etiquette. The expression comes from French, where it means “false step”, “misstep” (in a physical as well as a figurative sense). Having been used in English for over 300 years, it is no longer italicized in writing. Synonyms include gaffe and (social) blunder.
WELCOME TO RICHTOPIA
- 2,695,940 all-time users
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- Space-Exploration Top 100: From Elon Musk to Neil DeGrasse Tyson, These Are the Most Influential Leaders in Space-Exploration
- 7 Wealth Habits of the World’s Richest People