Blockbuster LLC, formerly Blockbuster Inc. , is an American-based provider of home movie and video game rental services, originally through video rental shops (both owned and franchised), later adding DVD-by-mail, streaming, video on demand and cinema theater. At its peak in 2004, Blockbuster had up to 60,000 employees. There are around 500 Blockbuster stores left in the U.S. with locations in 17 countries worldwide, down from its peak of more than 9,000 stores in 2004.
Join Our Newsletter
- 3,314,852 all-time readers
- Grant Cardone Shares His Principles for Life & Success (Exclusive Interview)
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- Workplace Culture: How to Encourage Collaboration
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- 6 Key Attitudes and Behaviors of Successful Leaders
- 43 of Britain's Oldest Companies, From Rolls-Royce to Burberry, Still in Business After 100-Years
- The New Queen of Jewellery: An Interview With Alyssa Smith
- Analytical Thinking: 8 Natural Talents Leading to Action
- Building a Powerful Personal Brand Through Celebrity Attachment November 12, 2019