George Bassett & Co. simply known as Bassett’s was a former British confectionery company and is now used as a brand of Cadbury, owned by Mondelēz International. George Bassett founded the company in Sheffield in 1842, perhaps the company’s best known sweets, the Liquorice Allsorts were created by accident in 1899 and in 1926 the mascot of Bassett’s, Bertie Bassett was created and still continues to represent the modern brand today.
The Richtopian Vision
Join Our Newsletter
- 3,080,146 all-time readers
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- 3 Reasons You Should Buy Gold (And 3 Reasons You Shouldn't)
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- Workplace Culture: How to Encourage Collaboration
- 7 Wealth Habits of the World’s Richest People
- 43 of Britain's Oldest Brands, From Rolls-Royce to Burberry, Still Around Since 100+ Years Ago
- Analytical Thinking: 8 Natural Talents Leading to Action
- What Do the Super-Rich Spend Their Money On? (Infographic Included)
Women in Leadership
- How to Make a Career Change at Any Age August 6, 2019