The Bank of Montreal (French: Banque de Montréal), (commonly BMO in either official language), or BMO Financial Group, is one of the Big Five banks in Canada. On June 23, 1817, John Richardson and eight merchants signed the Articles of Association to establish the Bank of Montreal in a rented house in Montreal, Quebec. The bank officially opened its doors for business on November 3, 1817, making it Canada’s oldest bank. BMO’s Institution Number (or bank number) is 001.
You may also like
About the author
Information to enrich your life.
WELCOME TO RICHTOPIA
- 2,501,085 all-time users
- Top 100 French Entrepreneurs 2018: From Claude Posternak to Fleur Pellerin, These Are the Most Influential Entrepreneurs From France
- 11 Amazing Examples of Disruptive Technology
- Africa Exclusive: Property Investment in Lagos, Nigeria
- 5 Business Lessons From the "Corporate Scapegoat" Who Lost Five-Billion Euros
- What Is Social Marketing? And How Does It Work?
- 17 Great Examples of Effective Leadership and Strategy
- Analytical Thinking: 8 Natural Talents Leading to Action
- 7 Wealth Habits of the World’s Richest People
- 6 Key Attitudes of Successful Leaders